1/19/09

I should be sleeping

My airman has made it safe and sound to his new base; as far as I know, he is completely inprocessed and getting settled into his new "home away from home." So far, he has been able to call me every day since Friday. I'm trying not to get used to it since I'm not sure how long that will last. It's only fifteen minutes, but oh, what that quarter of an hour can do for this girl's spirits! :o)

I have to admit that it is a little easier having a little one around. The first time I went through this, we had been married only four months, so it was just me and the cat. Yes, time passed very slowly for me then. (Although, my parents were just a few minutes away and I had some great friends close by, so I did have some company.)

Thankfully, I have some wonderful friends from church who are taking good care of me here, too. (Hi, Sarah! Hi, Amber!) So, the little man and I are doing as well as can be expected.

I learned last time around that busy-ness is the key to sanity during deployments {and all the military wives said: "Amen!"} so that's what we're trying to do. I'm hoping that soon we'll be able to get back into a routine of sorts. I've just kind of felt that life has been in a general upheaval since my honey left, and I'm still struggling to get things back into some semblance of order.

As a side note, I can't seem to bring myself to stop counting syllables...
Sleeping in his shirt,
Pretending his arms hold me.
Winter nights are cold.

I have one or two more rolling around in my head, but I think I'll spare you since I don't want to change my blog title to The Poetry Corner any time soon, LOL!

Wait, is haiku considered poetry?

Hmmm... Now I'm not so sure...

Whatever. See?

Conversations like this let me know one thing for certain:
I should be sleeping.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm here saying my AMEN!! Stay busy and do NOT watch all the "bad" news about what's going on.

Mrs. C said...

So glad your hubby arrived safe and sound. I'm sure you'll be able to come up with a list of things you'd like to accomplish while he's away. Praying for you! :)

Sarah said...

Yes, keep yourself busy. Call me anytime you want to do something -- I'm here for you!!

Sherry said...

Definitely stay busy and keep in God's Word and in prayer. I'm praying for you!

Glad to hear you have friends that are helping out! :D

Have a great day!!

Amber Duvall said...

Aww...The first week is always the hardest! We're all praying that the time will go by quickly. And anytime you need a Panera break, I will gladly accompany you!! *hugs*

Karen said...

Prayed for you....

Kristi said...

Sleep, little one...sleep. I'm sorry you have to be separated from your sweetheart. I know it must be so difficult. I'll pray time passes swiftly....for both of you!

~Kristi

Grace said...

That would be hard to be apart for so long! My husband is flying out to California for almost a week and I'm having a hard enough time with that! I'll be praying for you.