1/7/09

Little Break

As you can imagine, it has been a rough week, but I have to say the Lord has really shown Himself to us and given us much grace during this time (I know it sounds cliche, but it's true).

We are seeking to have a thankful spirit (an ever joyful spirit?) during this hardship -- and there are still so many things for which we can be thankful! Obviously, we are grieving and our hearts are broken; at the same time, we have peace. Peace that the unsaved person will never truly comprehend. Peace that we ourselves don't even completely understand. And hope. Lots and lots of hope.

Psalm 34:1
I will bless the LORD at all times:
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

One good thing about not being very far along is that my body is recovering quickly. My heart will take a little longer to heal, but I take great comfort in the fact that our unborn baby is with our Saviour as we speak. Thank you to everyone for your sweet comments, encouraging emails, and uplifted prayers; they have been a great blessing to us during this difficult time.

Psalm 34: 18
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart;
and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

On a somewhat unrelated note, My Airman's departure date is quickly approaching, so I am taking a self-imposed bloggy break to better enjoy our time together. I wish the timing of his trip were a little better, but such is military life! :)

I hope everyone is off to a great start this new year! "See" you in a couple of weeks!

Image Credit: Allposters.com

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Arlene your blogs lately have been so encouraging! You have such a strong heart and you can just see the Lords mercy and grace through them!

Mrs. C said...

((Hugs))

Under Southern Skies said...

My prayers are with your sweet family!

Jendi said...

My 2 miscarriages were within 6 months. I think it was the closest I've been to depression. I buried my nose in the Psalms during that time...and cried a lot.

Even though no one seems to talk about miscarriages much they are never forgotten.

Will look forward to your return to the blogging world.

Dear Abbi said...

This verse has been especially dear to me during those difficult times. I hope that it is a blessing to you too...

"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms:..." Deut 33:27