1/22/09

We made it

We made it through the first week without any major issues. Well, almost. Tomorrow marks one week of my airman being at his new location... one down, only fifteen more to go!

I'm sure my posts lately have been dull (and a little sparse), but with half of my world (and heart) on the other side of the planet, I'm having a hard time finding any words. That statement alone is a shocker to some, LOL -- Arlene? Speechless? Impossible! :P

I would be more than happy to take the easy way out and just post bunches and bunches of pictures filled with cute anecdotes about my little man -- who is growing faster than a weed! -- but my honey took the camera with him... there went that idea.

Note to military wives: It is a great idea to have two cameras!

At this point, I'm just trying to make it through each day without dissolving into a puddle of tears. Some days it's a lot harder than others. Some days, all I want to do is curl up into a little ball, hugging my knees tightly... and just stay there... until he's home.

But I can't. I have a household to run. I have a not-quite-two-year-old running around the apartment trying to figure out where his daddy went. I have to be both mommy and daddy for the next four months.

I can do it, but I'm learning, I can't do it on my own. I don't possess that sort of strength. But, I know Someone Who does.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians 4:13 is fast becoming my motto during this time. Praise the Lord for great friends (both in "real life" and the blog world) and wonderful family who are continually checking in on me!

11 comments:

Laura said...

Wish I was there to take Caleb and give you a little break. Or for you to come over to my house and bake up a storm in my kitchen, lol. Yes, you definitely need 2 cameras.. after several week-long TDY's we decided it was time for another one!!
Oh, btw, did Caleb ever get a cookie after dinner?? LOL

Yay for one week down! Praying the time flies by for you.

Arlene said...

I wish you were here, too... but, I'm glad you're only just a phone call away!

You know I am always willing to cook or bake for you (even if you're not willing to do the same for me *ahem*)! Oh, and no, he didn't get a cookie, but I did share my piece of the cinnamon coffee cake with him, so that made up for it. :o)

Sherry said...

Hugs!!! I know how hard it is. I'm praying for you through this time. Hugs!!!

The Nelson's said...

I know how you feel! Nick is gone as of now too! Its only been two days thus far, and granted he will be home in 3 weeks, but it still stinks no matter how long they are gone!

I finally heard from him today! That was a relief.

I'll be praying for you specifically with this first deployment with Caleb!

Mrs. C said...

Knowing the Source of strength is more than half the battle, Arlene. Keep leaning on Him in your hardest moments. ;)

Michele said...

{{{Chocolate Hugs}}}!!!

I can't even imagine.....But I know He will give you the strength to handle what you must.

Blessings...

Amanda said...

I check in at your blog every so often, and I just wanted to let you know I have so much respect for our military wives! Thank you for sacrificing time and precious memories with your husbdan that can't be remade so that we can be free. (((hug)))

Amber Duvall said...

First weeks and last weeks are the hardest! They seem to go by slow. Maybe we should start getting the kids together once a week to play and so we can visit! AND...if there's lemon bread involved, I won't complain about that either! haha
Let me know what you think!!

Kristi said...

He'll be back before you know it! Oh what a happy, happy day!!

~Kristi

Mrs. Amy @ Clothesline Alley said...

Military families need two cameras AND two webcams ;o) Peapod has really appreciated being able to talk to Sean on webcam on most nights, even dressing for the occasion, in tutus and crowns. I'm hoping these conversations will help her remember who daddy is when she sees him on R&R very very soon. We just hit to half way point of six months yesterday, which is such a great milestone. Now the months that have passed will be greater than the months left. Woo hoo!

Praying for y'all as you face your deployment. I was also just heartbroken to read about your recent miscarriage. :o( Praying that the Lord carries you through the tears of all of this as He has done for me. Truly I do not understand how people can get through life's toughest moments without His grace and goodness.

Betty Beguiles said...

Just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers! Hugs!