2/4/09

Double Digits

Well, as of today, we are down to 99 days until My Airman is able to make his way home. Of course, he may leave a few days sooner or even a few days later, but for my sanity's sake, I needed to mark the time somehow, so I just went with 120 (the official number of days he is supposed to be at his new location) and counted from there.

When I count by weeks, the clock seems to tick a little slower, but when I glanced at the calendar today, I was shocked to see that we had reached -- and passed -- the 100 day mark! Twenty days doesn't seem like much, but I'm glad to have any days marked off as it seems to have been an eternity since he left!

There's still not a lot going on over here... just trying to keep ourselves busy when we can. I wanted to thank everyone for the encouraging comments in the past few weeks. I'm also grateful to those who have been praying for our family. {As a side note, I slept wonderfully last night, and I believe it's because my friends and family who have lifted us up in prayer.}

Anyway, I need to get moving so that we're not late for church! I'll probably be on here again this week to post some pictures of the Little Man (a friend let us borrow one of her cameras -- I love my church family!). His birthday is coming up soon... I can't believe I'm going to have a two year old!
Image Credit: Flickr

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Awww I am so glad his hand was over you as you slept last night. We mommies need a good nights rest! I can't believe he is almost two! Can you believe Jayce will be 5 next month!

Laura said...

Oh, wow!! I can't believe it's already been almost 3 weeks. To me that went by fast. Yay for double digits!!

Sherri said...

We serve a prayer-hearing, prayer-answering God! :)

And no, I can't believe he'll be two!

I wish you could come out to Montana so I could get to know you better. There is always so much going on around here that time FLIES by! And afterward you would be oh. so. happy. to get back to your quiet, peaceful life. :)

Amber Duvall said...

I know the time seems to be going very slowly for you. I hope the next 99 just fly right by!
I was thinking about it the other day and then forgot to talk to you, but my camera does video on it. When Scott's gone, I make videos of me and girls and then send them on a CD to him. If you want to use the camera and do that, you are more than welcome! We also have a TON of unused CD's.

Arlene said...

It feels like you were just pregnant with him last year, and now you have him AND Jadon who are both starting school and everything! Time goes by so fast!

Lau, I'm glad it went by fast for you LOL! :P Hopefully, it will start to go by a little bit more quickly for us...

Sherri, I have always wanted to visit Montana -- Nathan even talks about maybe retiring/moving there after we get out of the AF... maybe we'll be neighbors! :P

Hey, thanks for the offer, Amber! Monica's camera does some video on it, too, so if it doesn't work for me to get uploaded to send to Nathan, I'll definitely take you up on that! :o)

Sherry said...

I hope the rest of the time flies by. :D Keep your self busy! :D

2? That boy is a wonderful and so smart little guy!!

Samantha said...

I can't imagine how difficult it must be to be seperated for such a long time. At least you're looking at it in a positive way. I can imagine when you finally are reunited you will appreciate having one another even more than you already do.

Marie:) said...

wow, times going by fast huh! it also helps im sure when you have a lil' one around....just keeps you busy!! I'm so glad you got some good sleep :)

liz said...

Praying that the time goes by quickly. Some days are just easier than others, huh? Enjoy your sweet little man. I find that 2 y.o. is hard and great at the same time. =)

Under Southern Skies said...

I like your new blog design. The butterfly header is really pretty!

Brittney said...

Oh, I am trying not to be jealous of you!!!! I'm looking at 352 (give or take, army-style) days when he leaves in 6 days from now.... :'( I have never known such dread. Pretty pathetic when you have to dread an entire year.