3/5/09

Almost halfway

It seems I've taken an unintentional bloggy break since my honey's been away. I never meant to just completely drop offline. Actually, if I were to be honest, I haven't really given up my computer time at all... I've been reading and commenting and facebooking... just... not blogging.

At the risk of sounding repetetive, life just doesn't seem to offer much "inspiration" for the written word when an important part of our family is on the other side of the planet.

I sometimes struggle with where my place is with just two of us here... not one of the couples, not a complete family, not a single... I've certainly had my share of rough days.

Not like the last time, though.

It's strange; although I miss my husband more this time around, I haven't had the emotional "breakdowns" that seemed to fill our previous time of separation. It may or may not have had something to do with the fact that we had just barely been married for 4 months when he left. Or that we had just barely gotten used to living with another person 24/7. Or that we had found out about the trip just barely 2 weeks before he left. Maybe? :P

With a little man to keep me company, things are definitely not the same at all!

I hardly have time for meltdowns, LOL! ;o)

It's amazing to me just how much my little boy has learned in the 7 weeks we've been apart from his daddy. {Yes, s-e-v-e-n weeks... we're nearly halfway there! Praise the Lord!} He is counting to 10, singing songs, and playing hide and seek, to name a few.

In other good news: the sun came out today and gave us some beautiful spring weather! It was glorious! I pulled out a "summer" skirt and top, turned off the heat in the house, rolled down the windows in the car, and we just enjoyed the gorgeous day.

The BEST news of the week? My SIL, Jessica, is flying in for a visit next Friday! It's lovely to count down something that isn't months away! :o)

Yes, God has been so good to us, I can't complain about much at all!

Pics: watching airplanes on the runway...
last moments together for a while. 13 January 09

10 comments:

Amber Duvall said...

Having kids to keep you busy does make a huge difference! And you've been handling everything so well since Nathan's been gone. I'm very proud of you!
I know what you mean about not knowing really where you fit in...I feel the same way when Scott is gone. I think that might be the hardest part for me too. At least we only have to feel that way for a little while! :)
I'm so glad that your sister in law is coming to visit! It'll be great for you to have the company.
I wish I could've been there for you more since Nathan has been gone, but unfortunately my sickness has lasted way longer than I anticipated. Hopefully, I will be able to be back on my feet soon...and you and the little man will have to plan some play dates with me and the kids!

Sherry said...

I'm so glad it hasn't been so bad for you this time around. I'm praying for all of you during this time.

Caleb is such a cutie and definitely "Smart as a whip"! :D I'm not surprised at what he is learning from his momma teaching.

I'm so glad Jessica is coming to see you. Tell her I said "hi"! :D

Have a blessed day!
HUGS!!!!
Sherry

Sherri said...

I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering when you were going to post again. I've missed you. :)

I was so happy to read that Jessica is coming. Please tell her that I said "Hi" too!

JenT said...

Arlene! I'm so glad to see a post by you. I was just going to email and see what was up. Glad that things aren't so bad this time. With a little one though you're right, life is busy. :)

Mrs. C said...

Caleb will certainly have some showing off to do when Daddy gets back home. :) I'm glad that you're almost to the halfway mark. :)

Rebecca said...

I love the picture of Nathan and Caleb - very sweet. Won't be too long and he'll be home. :)

Brittney said...

It's lovely to count down something that isn't months away!

Wow... that *does* sound like a heavenly novelty.

Monica said...

You still fit in...it's just the way you're feeling. And I LOVE those pictures, they're great!!

Pilar Stark said...

This is my first time here.I found you through a different blog.
I can't imagine being without my husband, he is gone today for the day and I am already missing him :).
You must be so proud though.
I will pray after I write this that God may give you a special blessing to you.

Becca said...

Thanks so much for the sacrifices that you and your husband make for us! You are our heroes!

~Becca