3/31/09

A Boy and his Bear

I've realized that even during a seemingly endless separation, there are sweet moments to record. I'm trying to keep that thought in mind... I think it helps that I have such a happy little boy to keep me company during the long, lonely months! :o)

I also have to say, military life isn't all bad. There are many, many, many programs and services offered to family of deployed members, and we utilize them when we can. Case in point: the adorable little bear being hugged by my adorable little boy ;o)

A recording in bear's paw says:
Hey, Buddy; it's Daddy
Be good for Mommy
I'll see you real soon
I love you. Bye


And to answer the questions you're probably thinking: Yes, I cried the first time I heard it. Yes, I snuggle with the bear on occasion. No, I don't sleep with it (I have thought about it, though, lol).
77 days down. 44 more to go!

Bear courtesy of: O.V.A.L. Organization

15 comments:

Amber Duvall said...

The double digits are getting smaller! Yay!! AND in a few days, we'll be counting down together. I'm hoping that we'll have time to do the whole teddy bear thing before Scott leaves. But there's always one more thing to do before deployment and there's never enough time to get it all done! lol It's such a great idea though!

Arlene said...

We got it done when Nathan went in for one of his deployment briefings; they had the recorder there, so Nathan just made his message, filled out the information, and turned it in then. When it was finished (after Nathan left), the FRC called us and we went to pick it up, so Scott should be able to get it done in plenty of time.

JenT said...

That is so neat. A keepsake item, perhaps?

Laura said...

He looks more and more like Nathan every day! When I heard that bear (on the phone) I even almost cried! It's too sweet. Yay! A littler over a month left :)

Anonymous said...

Jessica mentioned the bear to me and I thought it was such a novel idea. I'm sure it helps Caleb to be able to hear Nathan's voice whenever he wants! I love the pictures...Caleb is getting so big! :)

~Rebecca

Grace said...

That is so sweet! I love the pictures too.

liz said...

That is so sweet! I'm glad your time is going by somewhat quickly. Being separated from the one you love is never easy.

Pilar Stark said...

Your husband is going to have fun catching up. what sweet moments awaits you :)

Liz A said...

Aww what a sweet bear! It's neat that he got to make one of those. Hang in there gal. It'll be over before you know it.

Brittney said...

aww, that's so precious. I think the guy that came up with that idea definitely had something there. Makes me wish I had a little tot so I could have one of those bears in the house!!!

Brittney said...

oh, and I'm so jealous you're already past the half-way point and your honey's gonna be home in less than 2 months. I can NOT wait until we reach that point......

Sherry said...

He'll be here before you know it. Love the pics of him with the bear. He is adorable!

Becca said...

What a wonderful idea! That will be a treasure for your son to keep all of his life! :)

Jendi said...

I know that everybody else said this but... I think that is so-o sweet! I almost cried just reading about it.

[I would be hugging it too!]

Tori said...

Oh my heart breaks for you and your son. I can't imagine what you are going through.
That bear was the sweetest thing, how special. I have a build a bear my husband got me with a message from him and I do sleep with it when he's gone.
44 days, that's going to fly by!