4/21/09

Notes in my Bible

God ain't the great I WAS. He's the great, I AM!

God can use sinners (that's all He's got to use!)
but He wants changed sinners!

You'll never stand out by fitting in!

It is not your hold of Christ that saves you,
but
His hold of you! ~C.H. Spurgeon

There are no shortcuts to maturity. ~J. Vernon McGee

There is no eraser on the tongue!

When conditions seem discouraging,
Faith says, "I wonder what God will do?"

If God never gave us another thing, Salvation is, in and of itself,
reason enough to serve Him with the rest of our lives.

Be grateful for what you own; satisfied with what you earn.

Temptation rarely comes during working hours.
It is during leisure times that men are made or marred.

It is not enough to give our time or money.
God wants us to give ourselves!

Without Christ, there is no hope or freedom.

You can't live on someone else's convictions.

God doesn't save us because of who we are,
but because of Who He is!

By ourselves we are nothing,
until He is our everything.

Grace is not cheap -- it cost the precious blood of Christ!

If you claim the Name, don't shame the Name!

Results are God's business; faithfulness is mine.

There are only two things you can do with your life:
you can throw it away or you can give it away.
But you can't keep it.

11 comments:

Aliene said...

I LOVE YOUR QUOTES FROM YOUR BIBLE.
I HAVE A FEW WRITTEN IN MY BIBLE THAT I NOTICED IN YOURS. IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO BE REMINDED AND WHEN I OPEN THE BIBLE I SEE THESE QUOTES. THANKS FOR GIVING MORE.

Sherri said...

Oh my goodness. Those are so good. I'v heard some of them, and I definitely NEEDED to hear the others. Those are nuggets of pure gold. Thanks so much for sharing!

Mrs. C said...

Those are some good ones, Arlene! :)

Sherry said...

Love these! Thank you for sharing! :D

Pilar Stark said...

HEre is another one. "Write your plans in pencil and give God the eraser" :)

Tori said...

Oh wow, I love this idea, I may do it too!
Those are some great quotes!

JessieLeigh said...

What fantastic words! So inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing!

Samantha said...

Hey Arlene,
I read this post yesterday, but didn't get to comment. I love all these quotes! Good things to remember :)

How have you been? I'm sure you've been keeping busy now that the weather's nicer! It's supposed to be 80 degrees here today. Woohoo!

Michele said...

These are great! Thanks for sharing them. (o:

Kristi said...

Those are all wonderful, but that first one is GREAT!

Good idea for a blog post too!!

~Kristi

Becca said...

Thanks for sharing these! Hope that you are having a great day!

Would you consider joining our IFB, KJV Young Women's Directory?
(http://ifbmaidens.blogspot.com/)