5/26/09

Anniversary Meme

I saw this over at Bless our Nest and thought it would be fun to do for our anniversary. I can't believe it's been 4 years already! They have certainly been the best years of my life, and I'm looking forward to many more years with my handsome airman! I'm especially glad to have him back in time to celebrate it together.
So glad you're home, Honey! *muah*

1. Where did you meet?
At Faith Baptist Church in Misawa, Japan.

2. How long did you date before you were married?
He "officially" asked to court me on Feb 17, 2005. Our first date wasn't until the 19th, though. We were married May 26, 2005... so, a little over 3 months.

3. How long have you been married?
4 years today.

4. What does he do that surprises you?
He is somewhat of a dreamer/planner, but what surprises me is the fact that when he really puts his mind to something, he is always able to figure out a way to make it work. He also seems to always know just when I really need a break and comes to my rescue at the right moment. :o)

5. What is your favorite feature of his?
It's a toss-up between his eyes and his smile.

6. What is your favorite quality of his?
He is an extremely hard worker, and is never one to shirk his duties.

7. Does he have a nickname for you?
He is forever coming up with new ones, but they never really "stick". The ones he uses regularly are Babe, Baby, and Honey.

8. What is his favorite color?
He tends to lean toward the blues and grays, but doesn't declare any color to be his "favorite."

9. What is his favorite food?
He loves Japanese foods (yakisoba, tonkatsu, and cheese gyozas are in the top 3) and Mexican foods. He also loves spaghetti, pizza, and "manly" foods like steak and potatoes... really, he will eat anything I make. My man is not picky at all. :o)

10. What is his favorite sport?
He loves baseball and football equally, I think.

11. What are your favorite things to do as a couple?
Taking walks in the cool of the evening (talking and laughing throughout the trip, of course), sudoku, dreaming about our future... "boring" things like that, lol.

12. Do you have children?
Yes. An adorable 2 year old boy (okay, so I'm biased), and a sweet little one waiting for us in Heaven. We are praying to add to our family here, as the Lord permits.

13. Does he have a hidden talent?
He can juggle really really well... and it makes me jealous!

14. How old is he?
7 months younger than I. Though he likes to claim a year's difference whenever I have a birthday and I'm "older" again.

15. Who said "I love you" first?
He did (of course), just a few days before we were engaged.

16. What is his favorite type of music?
Just good, old-fashioned, Christian music.

17. What do you admire most about him?
His work ethic, his skill at getting along with just about everybody, his ability to "read" people... okay, I couldn't name just one thing...

18. Do you think he will read this?
He might. He started reading my blog regularly while he was deployed, but I'm not sure if he'll continue with that habit now that he's back home. He'll read it if I tell him I wrote about him. :o)

19. What color are his eyes?
He says they're green, but really, they're this gorgeous shade of hazel. They were definitely one of the first things I noticed about him! :o)

9 comments:

GraceFromHim said...

I enjoyed reading about you and your hubby!

I am taking some time to visit some like minded blogs today and thought I would stop in to say hello!

Great Blog,
I'll be back to visit!
Hugs,
sister Brandie
Longview Bible Baptist Church
Longview, Wa

JenT said...

Oooh...I miss cheese gyozas! I don't think I've had any since we been back to the States. That was 11 years ago!!!! The yakisoba I can make and have a couple of times. I just have to get the noodles at a local oriental store. And I don't do that often enough.
Did you ever go to Cheese Roll and Noodle in Misawa? I think that was my favorite place to get yakisoba and cheese gyozas.

Pilar Stark said...

aawwww, so sweet. I enjoyed reading it!

The Nelson's said...

I loved reading that. Its nice having a hubby that isn't picky with foods huh!? Mine eats anything I throw at him also!

Sherry said...

Happy anniversary! :D Y'all make such a sweet couple and I'm glad He brought you together!

Samantha said...

Happy Anniversary! That was such a sweet post:)

Kristi said...

Awww, that was fun to read. Happy Anniversary, y'all!!!

~Kristi

Becca said...

Happy Anniversary! How special that the Lord allowed your husband to be home just in time! Isn't God good! :)

You will have to share more about your courtship sometime (if you haven't already). I always love to hear courtship stories! :)

Have a blessed day!

~Becca

Tori said...

Oh well that was fun. I can see how much you adore him.
We also married just 6 months after we met. I think it's better sooner than later.
Have a great anniversary and I'm so glad he's home!