7/7/09

Feeding my Little Monkey

I first saw this idea in a Cook's Illustrated magazine, and it's so simple it made me *smack* myself on the forehead and say: "Why didn't I think of that?!"

Little Man is also our little monkey and loves to eat "manas." (He just recently started calling them "baMAAAAnas" lol) To make them easier for him to handle, I slice them up for him into bite-sized pieces. I also happen to enjoy a little bit of banana in my cereal every once in a while, so you can imagine that I've spent a bit of time and dirtied lots of cutting boards when serving bananas.

Well, no longer! Now I only have to wash one thing: the knife.

See if you can figure out how I manage this feat...


Yep, just lay the banana down flat on the counter, peel the banana on all other sides, and slice on top of the peel! This saves me from cutting my fingers while slicing the banana mid-air above the cereal bowl or plate, for example... not that I'm that clumsy or anything at all. *ahem*

It also saves me from dirtying anything else -- countertop, plate, cutting board, whatever -- just a lonely ol' knife. Love it!

Happy Kitchen Tip Tuesday!

9 comments:

miss_artiga said...

I love this! Thanks for posting=)

Mrs. Michele said...

A very good idea! Thanks for sharing. (o:

Lenetta @ Nettacow said...

That's thinking! Have to admit, I just use a butter knife agaist my thumb. Not too dangerous, though I occasionally lose a slice due to bad aim and the dynamics of gravity.

A Joyful Chaos said...

I found your blog and have been enjoying reading through the posts, I especially liked your wedding vows!

I will be back to visit again.

A Loved Wife said...

Great idea! I love ideas that are for less of a mess.

Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

God Bless,
Becky @ A Loved Wife

JenT said...

Nice tip!

I'm passing an award on to you. Check out my blog to find out more about it. :)

marie said...

why didnt i think of that!! lol thanks for sharing that, now i can do it:)

Liz A said...

I thought that was the way everyone did it lol. Sometimes I get really lazy, and slice it with the same spoon they are eating with. ;)

Monica said...

LOL!!! You are something! ♥