5/12/09

Tuesdays Unwrapped: Colors

Our Little Man loves to color. I used to be scared to leave the crayons and coloring book out where he can reach them. Afraid of... well, of what, I'm not sure. I guess just worried about "the mess" it might make.
I asked him if he wanted to use another color.
He replied,"Ummm, jes a minet, Mama.
I ha'ta finish coloring my bayoons."
(I have to finish coloring my balloons)


I like the crayons in their case, neat and orderly, arranged according to color. And now, they're not. But you know what? It really doesn't bother me so much anymore. I could watch him concentrate and smile over his "colors" all day... sometimes, I do.
Hey, my honey's deployed right now; some days, life's a lot slower-paced when it's just the two of us. :o) At the rate time keeps flying by, perhaps that's a good thing.

9 comments:

Pilar Stark said...

Love his photo.

Kids love to color, my girls are doing the same right now :)

Dawn said...

a brand new box of crayons still does something for my soul :)

your little guy is so sweet there... working so hard.

sending you blessings and prayers as you live through deployment! i am thankful that our days of missing daddy are over... but through the deployments i learned a lot about myself (not all good, sorry to say!) i was always comforted though... when someone acknowledged my own service to our country through my hubby's service. you make it possible for him to be able to do what he does... God bless!

Sue @ My Party of 6 said...

Very sweet! I love to color. It's so soothing. I'm usually still sitting there, long after the kids have moved on to something else!

Jendi said...

I'm so glad you joined Tuesdays Unwrapped!
That is a wonderful post for it too.

Tänia said...

Well... first of all... prayers for your sweet hubby... and a huge thank you.

That was so sweet that he is coloring his bayoons. LOL! He looks to be concentrating really, really hard.

Have a blessed week.

Tänia of Faith Prints

Sherry said...

He is adorable! I can actually hear how he says it, too. LOL! :D

Sandra said...

I miss those days when my kids were little and couldn't talk right. Keep some of his coloring pages. You will cherish those scribbles one day.

Dana and Daisy said...

a little artist! cute. prayers for your family while hubby is deployed. God Bless you!

Michele said...

Awwww.....