6/18/09

{Almost} Back in the Swing of Things

Has it been 3 weeks since I last posted? I didn't mean to be away for so long, yet at the same time, I'm not one bit sorry for my absence! (you wouldn't be either if your honey had been away for 4 months) ;o)

We have thoroughly enjoyed the R&R my honey was able to take; it was so wonderful to spend some time together without (too many) interruptions from work!

Of course, the only downside to my hubby taking that time of leave is the aftermath (i.e., laundry, dusting, vacuuming, etc). Household chores tend to be left undone when my honey is home because... oh, I don't know... I'd rather spend time with him than with the scrub brush and toilet, LOL! ;o)

My Airman has been back at work for about a week now, and I almost feel caught up around the house... not quite yet, but I'm definitely making some headway. I'm so happy to be done with that weird, awkward, uncertain-of-where-I-belong phase. I am by his side once more. Exactly where I belong.

*hugs* to my fellow military wives who
are not yet reunited with their hubbies!
Our prayers are certainly with you all!

4 comments:

Becca said...

I'm glad that you are enjoying being a family again! :)

I don't blame you for being "gone" for a while--I would too! :)

Hope that you have a blessed week!

~Becca

Sherry said...

It does take a little while to get back into the swing of things, but one is definitely glad for the time with hubby.

I'm going to be joining the ranks of those military wives with husbands deployed in August for 6 months. :(

Hugs!

Laura said...

Yes, it really has been almost a month! tsk-tsk, Lady! I'll let you off the hook this time, just because your hunny was gone for four months. And I know you were a little, er, busy! haha ;)

Brittney said...

"...that weird, awkward, uncertain-of-where-I-belong phase. I am by his side once more. Exactly where I belong."

You sure put it like it is, didn't you? SO true. Can't wait to get to the point you're at :).