6/29/09

A clean mouse

I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'computering',
And I had to answer 'yes.'
He told me to get off my fanny,
And tidy up the house.

And so I started cleaning up...

The smudges off my mouse.
I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick.
I was just admiring my good work;
I didn't mean to 'click.'
But click, I did, and oops -
I found a real absorbing site
That I got SO way into it -
I was into it all night.

Nothing's changed except my mouse.
It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess....
While I sit here on my hiney.
~Author Unknown


I saw this little ditty at my friend Sherry's blog
and thought it was a good reminder for us all.
Guess I should quit "computering"
and get tidying!
Happy cleaning, everyone! :P

7 comments:

Laura said...

Ouch! Too true! hehehe

Rhonda in Chile said...

Now, you just ruined my "computering" morning! So I guess I'd better get up and work.

Thanks for the kick!

Pilar said...

That poem would be so funny if it would have not hit home :)

thanks for sharing

Lauren said...

I love this little poem (though it points out the brutal truth about getting caught up in web time.) Your blog is beautiful - I'm going to be a follower so I can drop by for a visit often! It's nice to meet other young, Independent Baptist, conservative, Bible-believing moms out there. God bless!

~Lauren
www.everydayblessings-house.blogspot.com

Mrs. Michele said...

*Love* this! Oh my!.....

Sherry said...

LOL! Glad you liked it, too! :D

Grace said...

Hi Arlene,

Thanks so much for stopping over at my blog. It was so nice to hear from you...I'm sorry that I haven't kept in touch better.

~Grace