9/10/09

Happy Homemaker... Thursday?

Saw this on Sandra's blog, and thought I'd fill it out (even though it's well past Monday, lol). Hope you all are enjoying a great week so far! :o)

hhm

The weather in my neck of the woods:
We've had pretty good weather lately, not too warm or cool. Just right the past few days... can't wait for the leaves to start changing colors! :o)

One of my simple pleasures:
Sitting out on the balcony, enjoying a cool breeze -- during nap time but just before my honey wakes up. (of course I'm so happy to have him home again, but we can all use a little quiet time!)

On my bedside table:
Bibles, devotional book (Call to Glory), cell phone charger, lamp, and a box of tissues.

On my TV:
Nothing; it's not on right now.

On the menu for tonight:
I'm thinking Italian Turkey Sausage Soup with a few modifications (kinda combining it with Chicken Soup Provencal and cooking it on the stovetop rather than the crockpot.)

On my To Do List:
Finish laundry. Unload dishwasher. Bake some banana bread. Pay some bills. Pick up a birthday card/gift. Schedule appt for family pictures.

New Recipe I tried last week:
Kittencal's Strawberry Shortcake -- it was DELISH! :o)

In the craft basket:
You know, I don't actually have one of those...

Looking forward to:
My honey getting off this crazy shift and *possibly* moving to a new section in his shop with just day shift and no more working weekends! Should find out in the next few days :o)

Homemaking Tip for this week:
If you're making pancakes and are out of buttermilk, using a mixture of half (plain) yogurt and half milk works great! :o)

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
This guest post, over at Keeper of the Home. Oh, and this one, from Passionate Homemaking. Probably some others, but I don't feel like looking through my reader to find them all, lol.

Favorite photo from last week:
He liked the Strawberry Shortcake :o)
Lesson learned the past few days:
Canning apple pie filling is a lot more time consuming and labor intensive than canning tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and/or spaghetti sauce. At this point, I'm not really sure I ever want to see an apple pie again, lol!

On my Prayer List:
Family and Friends

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Currently {trying to} memorize Psalm 16:8-11.

6 comments:

Mrs. Michele B said...

Oh how fun!

And your blog looks GREAT! I might have to use that background some time, I just *love* harlequin patterns.

Arlene said...

Thanks, Michele! Actually, I have to say a double thanks, because if you hadn't posted the link to the Tickies site, I wouldn't have found the pattern :o)

Laura said...

"MMmmm, cheesecake sounds so good!"

"Mom, I don't want cheeeese-cake".

Seeing that picture made me remember that. Caleb is too funny. Wish I could actually me around him instead of just hearin' him on the phone!!! :(

Arlene said...

I feel the same way about Kyle and Leah -- and you know Caleb wants to play with "Kie-yoh" and "Yeah" :P See? All the more reason for you to visit us on the way to NM!!! :o)

Sherry said...

Great meme! Strawberry shortcake sounds delish! :D

Dear Abbi said...

I love that Scripture passage too!