10/19/09

1/3 of the Way Through

It's hard to believe I'm out of the first trimester already! I'm at 13 weeks + 1 day, and definitely showing a bit quicker than I did the first time around. Guess that's just how things go, huh? :) Here I am, just past 12 weeks.
Hmmm, seems Abby-girl wants to be included in my self-portraits these days. :P
Oh, please excuse the extreme look of concentration on my face, lol!
I don't know why I was having such a difficult time getting this shot,
but suffice it to say, this is as good as it was going to get that day!

I have my first doctor appointment tomorrow morning, and we're eager to see our little one in the ultrasound. :o) I'm a little anxious about meeting a new doctor and nursing staff, but I have a few friends of friends who have visited our doctor with their past births, so I'm not too terribly nervous.

Last time, we had an appointment scheduled much earlier, but being Stateside and dealing with Triwest/Tricare and trying to figure it all out has been a completely different experience. Not horribly difficult, thankfully, but definitely different from what we were used to overseas.

Anyway, we have found a doctor who is experienced with VBACs and is willing to do them, so we're hoping things will work out well for us in that realm. We're also looking at taking some Bradley Birth classes this time around, so we can have a more natural birth with fewer medical interventions... at this point, though, I'll honestly just settle for a v*ginal birth rather than a cesarean! The recovery from that was really rough for me, and even more than 2 1/2 years later, the scar is not completely healed. I'd really prefer *not* to go through that again unless it is absolutely, positively, totally, completely necessary! :o)

P.S. To those of you who were able to figure out
my somewhat subtle announcement the other day,
Good job! :o)

12 comments:

JenT said...

Congratulations on making it through the first trimester!
I'll pray you get to have a great VBAC! As someone who had 8 natural deliveries and 1 c-section, I'm here to say the natural way is best! (IMO)

Amber Duvall said...

Look at the cute lil bump!!! Pregnancy suits you! :-) Can't wait to hear all about the doctor visit tonight...Well, maybe not ALL about, just the highlights. :P

Mrs. C said...

I'm so glad that things are going well this time around. I hope that you are able to have a VBAC, but it will be O.K. if a c-section is necessary. I have several friends who really wanted a VBAC but were unable to. As it turned out, all of them gave good reports about having to have a repeat c-section. I also have friends that had VBACs. Praying all goes well for you either way. :)

Liz A said...

You are so cute! Good for you for trying for a VBAC.

:)

Anonymous said...

Love the baby bump!

I forgot you had a c-sec. I had one for #3 and my recovery was horrible, too. I had v-bac for #'s 4, 5, and 6, with #5 being a homebirth. Praying all will go well for you!

~Terri

Becca said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad to see the Lord blessing your little family in this way!

Isn't He GOOD!

~Becca

liz said...

Awww, your little "bump" is so cute!! I pray that you are able to have a VBAC. I pray that I never have to have a C-section. I have heard the recovery is quite hard.

Pilar said...

Look at that cute baby bump :)!!!!

The Nelson's said...

Awe look at you! I love it!

I will also pray you are able to have a VBAC.

Love Tiffany

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

You look so darling! Congrats on being done with the first trimester!

Jendi said...

You look great - considering that's what my belly looks like and my my "baby" is 3 years old. Unfortunately mine is a bit more jiggly.
I also will not be posting any side shots any time soon.

So happy for you! May God bless!

Sherry said...

:D You look so cute pregnant! :D