11/25/09

Thankful...

For the past two weeks,
I have been trying to list at least one thing for which I am thankful.
When I first started, the note was very short and to-the-point.
As the days passed, I began to elaborate a bit on each blessing.
(Some are half-joking, others more serious...)
Just wanted to post them so I wouldn't forget to count my blessings.
God truly has been good to us, and we are so blessed!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today I am thankful for the wonderful family the Lord has given me.

Today I am thankful for good Christian friends.

Today I'm thankful that the Lord brought us to this base and this church; we have grown much as Christians and as a family as a result.

Today I am thankful for all those who have served and are serving our country (including my handsome airman) in the Armed Forces. We are grateful for the sacrifices they have made and are making.

Today I am thankful that our God (the God of the Bible) is the God of another chance -- not just second chances, because we all need far more than just two! I heard someone once say, "If God were *just* holy and not merciful, as well, we would all be dead." Praise the Lord for His grace, mercy, and forgiveness toward us!

Today I am thankful for all of the couples who have been a blessing and "inspiration" to us -- whether it was just showing by example what a happy, healthy, Christ-centered marriage looks like; offering advice/Scripture; uplifting us in prayer through difficult times; sharing laughs & good fellowship with us; or a number of other things -- it has made a decided difference for us in our life together.

Today I am thankful I have the privilege and opportunity to be a full-time homemaker. I know there are some husbands who want their wives to work and don't understand (or agree with) the importance of staying home, so I'm especially thankful that this is something my husband desires for me to do. Some days are rough, but even so, I wouldn't trade my place at home taking care of my family for any other job out there!

Today I am thankful that, even though I stubbed my pinky toe ridiculously hard on the bed frame this morning, I can still walk, the blood was minimal, and the throbbing subsided after only a few minutes. LOL!

Today I am thankful that potty training is only a season in a child's life... and I'm going to keep reminding myself of that fact many, many, MANY times over the next several days, I'm sure. (Lord, if it's just for a season, could it please be a very *short* season?)

Today I am thankful that my husband and I were both raised in good, independent fundamental baptist churches. I can't imagine how differently our lives would be had we not had the opportunity to be taught the importance of God, His Word, and His ways.

Today I am thankful for the blessing of children. We have a ♥wonderful little boy♥ and I'm so glad for him (especially when my honey is away). I'm even thankful for the little blessing we lost last year. Sounds funny to say, but it's true... Miscarriage is not often discussed, but even those little ones with us a short time are a gift; that experience has made us even more thankful for ♥this little child♥ I'm carrying now.

Today I am thankful that my little man woke up feeling much better this morning. After the -- um, let's just call it "mess" -- last night, it was nice to have a happy little boy who could keep food *in* his tummy (as opposed to it being all over his face, hair, pillow, pjs, and bed!)!

Today I am thankful that 6 years ago, a certain ♥handsome airman♥ graduated from basic training and discovered he had orders to a little podunk town in Japan -- the same itty-bitty town that I "happened" to live. ;) Little did he know that just over a year after his arrival, he would be proposing, hehehe. :o)

Today I am thankful that we still have FREEDOM to worship in this country. I sometimes wonder how much longer it will be so, but I'm grateful for the opportunity to worship the God of the Bible without fear of physical harm/persecution.

Today I'm thankful for my airman's job... even if sometimes it seems to be more trouble than it's worth, it's a stable job with a steady income and our needs are more than sufficiently met. (Plus, if he hadn't joined, I don't know that we would have ever met, so it's been more blessing than heartache, really.)

Today I am thankful for my Salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone! ♪♫It's through the Blood -- that's all I have to plea. It's through the Blood that Jesus shed for me. Not by works of my own righteousness, for filthy rags are they, but because of that old rugged tree, hanging on dark Calvary, that is my only plea -- it's through the blood! ♪♫

Today I am thankful for my wonderful husband; he is everything I ever dreamed and so much more! 6 years ago, we weren't even on the same continent. 5 years ago, he had become one of my best friends, but I certainly never dreamed that 4 1/2 years later, we'd be nearing the halfway mark to a decade of married life! ♥♥♥ God is so good! ♥♥♥

1 comment:

Tori said...

I really enjoyed this post, thanks!

BTW, sorry I've not been around, I've missed reading your posts.