6/28/10

{Temporarily} A Single Mom

We're currently in the midst of a (short) separation as my airman is off "playing war" somewhere... I have to say, this situation has been very different for us, as every other time my honey has left, I have known when he was leaving, where he was going, and {roughly} when he'd return. We have also had plenty of chances to keep in contact -- by phone, email, webcam, and/or letter.

Not so, this time. This time, we were notified of his departure date less than 24 hours before. This time, we didn't know where he was going. This time, we didn't know when he would return (still don't). And this time, we haven't exchanged so much as an email since he headed out. Gotta love military life!

I guess I never realized how spoiled I've been with the past TDYs and deployments. This is, by far, the longest I have ever gone without speaking to/communicating with my airman, and it has certainly taken its toll on me. But thankfully, he *should* be home before the week is over... in the meantime, I'm trying to maintain the house and keep up with my boys (which is perhaps a liiiiiiiittle bit rougher on me than I thought it would be). Suffice it to say, I'm so glad I'm NOT a full-time single mother! :o)

6 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Wow, the "unknown" sure doesn't sound like much fun! Praying that the time passes quickly for you. ;)

Rhonda in Chile said...

So sorry that you are all alone with two little ones! At least you won't be bored.

Tori said...

Aww, hang in there, it won't be long now. What happy reunions you guys must have when he returns.

Kristi said...

I thought he just got back!!! I'm sorry he had to leave again. Such is the life of a military wife.

(((hugs)))
~Kristi

samantha said...

I had no idea they could give you such short notice. I'm glad he'll be back shortly and it's not a long seperation this time. I'm sure you're staying plenty busy with those boys of yours :)

New Mom said...

I'm sorry to hear that your husband how to leave so quickly after the baby's birth. Your comment about being thankful you aren't a single mom really resonated with me. I tell myself that same thing just about every day! Well, one good thing about being over-worked is that any excess baby weight should just melt away! Hope you at least get a phone call real soon :)

And thank you so much for the gift card and sweet note. I was so excited to see it come in the mail and Nathan and I have already used it! Thanks a bunch :)