10/13/10

Silly Me

Well, my previous things about me posts have seemed to be interesting to some of you, so I thought I'd join in with Michele and share some fun tidbits about myself.

1. If something were to ever happen so that I needed to get a job and work outside the home, I would go to cosmetology school and become a hair stylist/makeup artist. And, eventually, I'd want to get my color analyst certification, because I am fascinated with personal color analysis and what colors can do for a person's appearance. (I'm partial to the Sci\Art 12 Tone system over others, as I've done a ton of research on them, and that is actually the system I chose to have used when I had my PCA done earlier this year. I'm a Dark Autumn, for those who are interested in that sort of thing. Quite possibly the best money ever spent on myself!)

2. I really, truly, strongly dislike putting away laundry. Washing, drying, folding -- not a problem. Putting it away, though? Eh. I will admit to sometimes getting dressed from the stack of folded laundry that's still sitting in the basket. Terrible, I know.

3. I would rather wash a sink-full of plates, cups, bowls, silverware than washing one or two big pots. When I was growing up, I would always bargain with my brother to have him wash all of the big dishes and I would do the rest. Of course, he was happy because it would take so much less time for him to wash two or three items than it would for me to wash everything else, but I just hate washing the big items that much.

4. My feet are smaller than I originally thought... perhaps they're shrinking? Or maybe shoe companies are changing up their sizes -- I can't really be sure which is happening. I used to buy a size 5 (which was admittedly a little big), then discovered some sites that cater to smaller feet and started buying a 4. Then, this summer at Target, I was looking at the girl's section (what? It's cheaper!), and found that a girl's size 2 is a perfect fit. The 5's I've tried on at any store have all been ridiculously huge, so it's special order or the girl's section for my feet these days.

5. The only debt my husband and I have ever had was our car loan (which, praise the Lord, we paid off in a year!). We are working and praying to keep ourselves debt free as we really didn't like being a "slave" to monthly payments.

6. Friends tease me that I remember everything. If you tell me something about your life, there is a possibility that, in the future, I will remember the story better than you. Why I can't remember what I needed to buy at the store, though, is beyond me.

7. Along those lines, I can list all 44 US Presidents (in order of service), 50 States (in alphabetical order) as well as their capitals, and yes, I even know all 7 dwarfs.

Anyone else want to play along? Let me know if you do this, and I'll be sure to stop by for a visit. I love reading these things. :o)

4 comments:

A Quiet, Gracious Life said...

I'm the same as you about #6.

And I've always been fascinated by the color system stuff too but had a hard time figuring it all out. I've never heard of the system you mentioned but I might have to check it out.

I LOVED reading these Arlene, thanks for playing along and for letting me know that you did. (o:

A Heart of Praise said...

This was fun to read.:)

Its funny, but my mother-in-law and I were just talking about the color thing the other day. We used to have a book called "Color Me Beautiful" :)

Under Southern Skies said...

It was fun reading this! No.3 sounds a bit like myself. :)

JenT said...

This was fun to read. And (I'm sorry to confess) I haven't been on here in a while, so I must say, I love the new look.
And that's interesting about your feet maybe getting smaller. Mine of course got bigger. lol