11/30/10

2 of 20

The second of my twenty posts.
2. What is the meaning behind your blog's name?

When I decided to start up my blog back in July 2006 (wow, has it been 4 1/2 years already???), we were very newly-wed (just recently had celebrated our 1st anniversary) and newly-expecting.  We were also preparing for our first PCS from our first home in Japan to our current base Stateside.  I had some old posts from the previous hosting site I had used to do some blogging, but I wanted something different... I wanted a fresh start on blogger and I needed a name.  I remember going through some verses that I liked.

Psalm 5:11 really stuck out to me:
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: 
let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: 
let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. 

After reading it over a few times, the phrase "ever joyful" kinda popped into my head.  It seemed to stick.  When I said it aloud, I decided I liked it... and here I am today.  Still trying to live my life with an EverJoyful spirit.

2 comments:

JenT said...

That's a very good reason for a name.

The Nelson's said...

Very creative! I love the meaning you have behind it! {I've always liked it anyhow!}