12/18/12

The Donut of Misery Returns

Some of you may remember the first time I posted about the Donut of Misery.  
Well, it's back in our home, and this one is even better than the previous version because My Airman did some tweaking.  Yes, that's right, we have our very own personalized donut of misery.  

I found this little surprise in my email one morning:  
Isn't is sweet?  I was very impressed with how it turned out.  I didn't even know it was possible to do all that stuff with a graph, but I guess his time in an office has taught him quite a few things.  

Anyway, as much as I hate that we even have the need for a donut, I don't mind looking at this one {well, not too much anyway}.  I have tried to discipline myself and peek at it maybe every other day.  Any more often than that, and the numbers don't change and I start to get discouraged.  Looking every two or three days means that we're basically up a whole percentage, and I need those little milestones to help me endure!

Despite what the picture shows, we are thankfully over a quarter of the way through this deployment -- which means we are more than halfway to the halfway mark!  Baby steps... baby steps.  We're just taking it one day at a time and creeping ever closer to that homecoming day!  

3 comments:

Tori said...

That is so sweet. I can't even imagine how hard it is to be without him. Hang in there!

Elizabeth said...

That is so adorable! Hope you had a happy holidays!!

New Mom said...

Hi Arlene, I am so glad that you posted-- I've missed you! I hope that some how and some way God will either make time pass by quickly or hasten your airman's return date. Goodness, I don't know how you do it! Hurray for all of the military wives out there who sacrifice on behalf of our country! Thinking and praying for you and your little ones tonight.