7/18/14

Birthday Boys

We had our first double birthday around here recently.  A few weeks have passed (okay, a few MONTHS), and I still find it hard to believe it's been over a year since this speedy delivery!  And how is it possible that we've even been married long enough to have a seven-year-old?! 


We kept things low-key and invited a few close families.  I was smart this time, baked the cakes ahead, and just frosted them the morning of the party.  


Since my oldest has been enjoying Pac Man Party on the Wii, I wasn't surprised when he said he wanted a Pac Man cake.  I made it easy on myself and just used some sprinkles for a giant #1 on the other cake -- judging from the amount of frosting on his fingers and face, the boy didn't seem to mind at all.  :o)  

3 comments:

A Heart of Praise said...

Happy birthday to your cute boys! :) Nice cakes, like how you used the sprinkles! My two oldest kids birthdays are two days apart, so we always celebrate them together. This year their orders are in for a Hello Kitty and Thomas the Train cakes. I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off or not. :)

Mrs. C (Paula) said...

Happy Birthday to these cute little guys. ;)

Kristi said...

Oh sweet girl! What a blessing to hear from you this morning. :) I've thought about you several times and this morning someone posted a picture of their son on facebook, whose name happens to be Lincoln, and of course I thought of you again.
Will catch up with you on your blog. I've missed you.

~Kristi