8/19/14

The Wall

It all started with this wall.

We've lived in this house for almost two years, and I'd been putting off hanging anything up because... well, I tend to be somewhat of a procrastinator. I also might have problems with perfectionism tendencies. Possibly a bad combination, but I digress.

Anyway, this wall has been empty the entire time we've lived here. Until a few weeks ago, when I determined to *FINALLY* get this thing done. It took several hours of deliberation, but I eventually decided upon an arrangement I liked and got to hanging. {Actually, command-strip-applying. Anyone else a fan of these things?! LOVE them!}

It was completed! Picture frames hanging and looking oh-so-lovely (albeit a little crooked in this photo)! Only now I had to order a few pictures for some of the empty frames, but that's another project for another day... ;o) Afterward, I jokingly said, "You know what this means? We're getting orders soon."

Because, as every military wife knows, as soon as you get the pictures arranged (or curtains hung or furniture set up or...) just the way you want them, the military lets you know it's time to move.

Only I was JOKING! At least, it was supposed to be a joke. But guess what we learned less than a week later?

Yep. We're soon-to-be on the move. We don't have orders in-hand yet, but we're looking at late spring-ish.

Our Airman is switching gears and leaving his current career field to become an Air Force Recruiter. It's going to be different, but we're getting ready for the changes. {Side note: After My Airman told me about the job switch, I couldn't help myself... I found this picture and sent it to him. Good thing he has a *great* sense of humor. ;o)}
He'll be in this job for {at least} the next four years. If we decide to stay in this career field, it means moving every 36~42 months until he retires. Prayers would be greatly appreciated as we embark on this transition and have some major decisions coming up.

This family is packing up and headed... 
well, we don't know where yet.
And we don't know *exactly* when.
But it will be soon.
It will be an adventure.
And we'll be in it together.

P.S. Yes, I've learned my lesson. In our next home, 
I'll be sure to get wall arrangements completed in a timely fashion. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother-in-law, used to be in the transportation career field, as you may know the transportation career field is predominantly civil service/contractor based, and for that reason he transitioned to become an Air Force recruiter last four years of his career. He is a fellow Christian and it was one of the hardest things he ever did.. In all his actions he fulfilled the Bible verse "in whatsoever ye do, in word or deed, do all to the glory of God", yet he was accused of manipulating records when one of his Air Force recruits failed to meet the weight standard requirements before leaving for basic training. Quotas was their goal, and like most other things in today society the word quota was never actually used but they used other sugarcoated words which means same thing in their bottom line results oriented position.

The recruiting squadron right here in our town, yes, I go to church with you and your family, and the recruiting squadron powers that be, made him write multipage document based on the Air Force motto service before self, excellence in all we do, yada yada yada, all in the interest of getting their point across to him as to why it's important not to lie, which he did no such thing.

It got so bad that he turned down the option to test for promotion to Master Sgt. and retired and 20 years Service because he felt the peace of God in choosing not to continue in the path of being an Air Force recruiter. He and his family are living a successful and blessed life near my in-laws in Iowa.

I have the upmost respect, and am also encouraged by your faithful family to our church, and your ultimate goal is evident as you serve the Lord both in your home and at our church.

I believe no matter where we are stationed or placed, we are there for the Lord's purpose and to be faithful witnesses to the World, whether by witnessing or by our testimony (verbally and nonverbally) to the world.

I will keep you all in prayer as you prepare for this, for the training he is about to undertake, and that God will richly bless in reward you. Again thank you for your continued service in the United States Air Force as a family.

I look forward to visiting with you during fellowship and church about this. For now I will not register with your site, but I'll use in anonymous option to send this.
The Lord bless you all.

Paula said...

Oh, my! What an exciting (and possibly nerve-wracking) time for your family! I will add this transition to my prayer list. :)